Pages

Friday, May 27, 2005

Memorial Day

Kevin, of Boots on the Ground, will be coming home soon. He lost a brother in action recently, "another good friend" as his post records. This Memorial Day weekend, I hope all Americans pause to remember the sacrifices and hardships of our brave service men and women. And I hope we all stop to realize how truly blessed and fortunate we are to live in the United States, where we are able to enjoy the benefits of freedom as no other nation in history ever has.

Kevin writes, "I hope I will never be one of those people who get so accustomed to American life again that I will forget all the sacrifices we have made over here. "

None of us can read the future, but I'm betting that Kevin will always remember at what price freedom is secured. Soldiers who have seen action don't need to wait until the end of May. For them, every day is Memorial Day.