Pages

Tuesday, August 09, 2005

Care in the Air

My hastily-compiled goody box for the 3rd Battalion, 25th Marines Regiment is on its way to Capt Kasparian for distribution to his troops. Considering the fact that I gave myself a hard deadline of Monday morning, August 8, to get the package into the air, I did fairly well.

Troops of the 3/25, you've got peanuts, cookies, trail mix, powdered lemonade, chewing gum, Mentos, red licorice, Chees-Its, Kelloggs snack bars (blueberry), Advil, playing cards, and two kinds of beef jerky winging towards you. Also included is a thank-you card from me, although that sounds absolutely ridiculous.

How does a safe, comfortable American who is living her life untouched by war say "Thank you" to the troops who are giving their blood, sweat, tears, and young lives to keep her so well insulated?

I don't know how. I don't believe a way exists to properly thank them. But if it does, it's certainly not through a box of Chees-Its.

Love, prayers, and heartfelt gratitude to all our precious troops tonight.