Judging by the news, we humans are in a very sorry state of affairs, overall. Americans, in particular, have been suffering considerably heavier-than-average slings and arrows of late. The news can become quite discouraging, if allowed to be.
A list of my current Top Ten Catastrophe Headlines (and the way they appear to me) is below:
- Bird Flu (It's Coming, We're Going)
- Global Warming (Chilling Future)
- Hurricanes and Floods (It's Bush's Fault)
- Earthquakes in Various Places (Don't Act Surprised, You Read It First In Matt 24)
- Mudslides and Famine (See #4)
- Harriet Miers (The Liberal Liability)
- Harriet Miers (The Conservative Curse)
- China Takes Over World (U.S.A., Sit Down and Relax For A Change)
- Terrorist Threat (They've Got A Ways To Go Yet)
- President Hillary (Don't Be Sillary)
On the other hand:
"Everything happens to everybody sooner or later if there is time enough."
~ George Bernard Shaw