Pages

Thursday, December 20, 2007

Chicago Christmas


I'll be offline until close to New Year. This weekend I'm heading to Chicago, along with my son, to spend Christmas with my future daughter-in-law's sister and her husband.

Nearly 30 years ago, I drove through Chicago on a cross-country trip. I've made a few stopovers at O'Hare airport since, but that never counts as quality time. So at last, I'll get to spend some time in the Windy City. All of my sweaters are clean and suitcase-ready.

Kristine will be in New York, visiting both of her grandmothers and numerous aunts, uncles, and cousins. She was five years old when Pete and I moved to California, so this will be an auld lang syne Christmas for my daughter.

As she mentioned to me on the phone this week, "We're still trying to figure out Christmas." But, that's okay. As long as we're spending it with family, I think we're on the right track.

Best wishes to you and yours for a blessed and beautiful Christmas season.