Pages

Tuesday, March 08, 2005

Wishful Blogging

I've been retooling my resume the past few days. I don't really want another administrative job in corporate America, but I'd love to be ready if a blogging job ever presented itself.

All I've ever wanted to do was to write for a living. In the blogosphere, that seems like it might be possible someday. Almost any project would be fun. Topic? The possibilities are limitless. Politics, religion, health, sports, kids, books, movies--it all sounds good to me. I would be totally open to suggestions, unless they involve supporting Hillary Clinton for president in '08.

Sometimes I feel like I'm living my life backwards. I'm working all day at the office, waiting to get home to blog at night. I'd much prefer to blog all day and check into the office for an hour at night. It just seems more symmetrical to my way of thinking.

Of course, my family is after me to start another book. Between a full time job and nightly blogging, another book seems impossible. But, I suppose I need to at least get started. Getting started isn't impossible. In fact, it's relatively easy--especially when it's your relatives nagging you. Getting finished is the hard part, the almost impossible part.

It's not a perfect world, but it's the best one we've got. I'll keep working with it.