Pages

Friday, January 27, 2006

Pete's Prayer Card

Prayer of Saint Francis of Assisi

Lord, make me an instrument of your peace.
Where there is hatred, let me sow love;
Where there is injury, pardon;
Where there is doubt, faith;
Where there is despair, hope;
Where there is darkness, light, and
Where there is sadness, joy.

O, Divine Master,
grant that I may not so much seek
To be consoled as to console;
To be understood as to understand;
To be loved as to love;
For it is in giving that we receive;
It is in pardoning that we are pardoned;
and it is in dying that we are born
to eternal life.

* * *
It simply had to be this picture of St. Joseph, and it also had to be the prayer of St. Francis. Pete was both a carpenter and a peacemaker all his life. Thanks to my dear daughter Kristine for helping me to get Dad's prayer card exactly right.