Pages

Saturday, January 14, 2006

Thoughts for the Weekend



It's Saturday morning, not usually one of my contemplative times. But it is such a gorgeous day outside, I'm compelled to share some introspection.

I'm fortunate enough to live in Southern California, where winter is more of a punchline than a force to be reckoned with. If it's a "nippy" 45 degrees in the early morning, chances are the temperature will be hitting 70 in time for a lunchtime jog. I'm getting ready to take the dog (black lab Riga) to the park for a run-around. I'll probably need to shed my sweatshirt midway through our workout.

I'm also extremely fortunate to have my two adult children living close by. They'll be over tomorrow for Sunday dinner. That happens just about every week that they're in town. Sometimes I wonder how often I would see them if I wasn't a decent cook! However, we always have such a good visit each week that I suspect their stop-ins would be just as frequent if they had to bring a pizza. How lucky can an old Mom get?

Everyone loves the weekend, all of us for different reasons. But I'm willing to bet that family time is a common denominator on most individual's lists. As well it should be.

I'm done with my coffee, and I'm off to the park. Have a good weekend!