Pages

Thursday, February 15, 2007

The Victory Caucus


"The quickest way of ending a war is to lose it."
~ George Orwell


Check it out, readers. The Victory Caucus is a conduit for your frustration with Congressional cowardice regarding the war.

If you are tired of the "I-support-the-troops-but-not-the-mission" crowd, sign up at The Victory Caucus. I, for one, am sick unto death of the political doublespeak against the increase in troops from the windbags on Capitol Hill, all of them more concerned with preserving their cushy jobs and getting a soundbite on the evening news than with our military men and women.

I received a Valentine's Day card from my Soldiers' Angel 1SG. He wrote that a soldier in his group had been killed and asked for my prayers for himself and his troops. There were tears in my eyes as I read his note, as much from anger as from sorrow. Our troops are fighting and dying to keep us safe, and the best that D.C. can do to acknowledge their sacrifice is to jockey for election position?

The Victory Caucus. It's time.