Pages

Tuesday, January 29, 2008

Keep An Eye on the Pigtail



If the Three Little Pigs are verboten when Muslims do not yet comprise ten per cent of the British population, what else will be on the blacklist by the time they're, say, 20 per cent?



Regular visits to Mark Steyn's website are always rewarded with a reality check, delivered in hilarious fashion. I found his reports about British deference to Muslim sensibilities both incredibly pathetic and uproariously funny.

Okay, so now in Britain, "Islamic terrorism" must now be referred to as "anti-Islamic activity." Following that logic, I suppose the 1941 bombing of Pearl Harbor would be designated "anti-Japanese activity." And the Brits are serious!

It gets even better, or worse, depending on how you want to view this nonsense. The story of the Three Little Pigs was denied an education award in Britain because "the use of pigs raises cultural issues"--oh, I'm not making this up. But nobody can tell the tale like Steyn, so get ready to chuckle as you read his piece.

Further to the pork--I mean, the point--Steyn writes that: "A while back, it was a local government council telling workers not to have knick-knacks on their desks representing Winnie-the-Pooh's porcine sidekick, Piglet." He goes on to state that ~

"...first they came for Piglet and I did not speak out because I was not a
Disney character and, if I was, I'm more of an Eeyore. So then they came for the
Three Little Pigs, and Babe, and by the time I realized my country had turned
into a 24/7 Looney Tunes it was too late, because there was no Porky Pig to
stammer "Th-th-th-that's all, folks!" and bring the nightmare to an end.

But layered within Steyn's humor is the very real fact that we (the West) are not dealing adequately with the deadly goal of Islamists to dominate and subjugate the world to their philosophy. George W. Bush may be the butt of uncounted jokes, often deservedly so; but the man "gets it" in a way few world leaders do.

I'd like to see an Islamist try to stand between President Bush and his barbecued spare ribs. It's the kind of image every American should keep in mind as Election Day draws near.