Pages

Sunday, July 12, 2009

Working Summer

One would think, as I am currently one of the millions of unemployed Americans, that I would have an abundance of time to post blog items. I certainly thought I would have the luxury of hours to fill a blank computer screen.

Silly me. Although this is my second turn on the unemployment scene in as many years, I was quick to forgot how much work it is, just looking for a new job. From fine-tuning a resume, to online applications, to returning messages, to phone interviews, and finally, to in-person interviews, job hunting eats up most of every day. In addition, I have networking lunches scheduled throughout the week with various friends and professional contacts.

Not that I'm complaining, mind you. It's gratifying to have the work experience and qualifications that merit a lively level of interest.

Thrown into this summertime mix is my daughter's vacation visit from Boston, accompanied by the usual gamut of social events that customarily swirl around Kristine. The centerpiece of her trip was San Diego's annual Over the Line tournament, where she played yesterday with her teammates of the past six years. There are plenty of events, day trips, parties, and barbecues to come this week, many including Mom.

But before I do anything else, I need to fax this completed and signed form back to a potential employer...