Pages

Sunday, March 14, 2010

The Ides of March


Beware the ides of March


Usually the only thing alarming to me about March 15 is how quickly the year is flying by--again. It's once again time to finish doing the taxes and spring the clock ahead.

However, this year I have another cause to look askance at the date. The infamous ides of March is being ushered in by daylight savings weekend--my least favorite time of the year. Not only will I find myself in the midst of Monday in a nano-flash, we're back to pitch dark awakenings and weary evenings. It takes me at least a week to adjust to a time change. Spring, when we lose time, is always harder. It's amazing what havoc one hour's difference can wreak with one's biorhythms.

Tomorrow morning I'll be on the freeway without enough sleep. Beware the ides of March...yawn.