Pages

Sunday, May 05, 2013

The Problem of Happiness

“All happy people are grateful. Ungrateful people cannot be happy. We tend to think that being unhappy leads people to complain, but it’s truer to say that complaining leads to people becoming unhappy.” 
 Dennis Prager


I'm in the midst of reading Dennis Prager's wonderful book, Happiness is a Serious Problem. Don't you just get the biggest kick out of that title? If you do, you'll enjoy the book's contents even more.

I've heard Dennis on his radio talk show many times over the years, so this book has been on my wish list for awhile. I'm--dare I say it?--happy I decided to treat myself to it. And, although I haven't completed it yet, I'm comfortable recommending it to anyone who is interested in what our nation's Founders so astutely called "the pursuit of happiness."

While reading the "Happiness" book may not make you happy, it will certainly help you to understand why you aren't happy. As with most issues in life, knowing is half the battle. Here's to your happiness.