Pages

Wednesday, July 10, 2013

Missing the Point

Even at a pivotal moment in world history, the media can't get a clue on reporting a real story. Egypt is exploding with political strife, yet all the network news want to yammer on about is a murder trial and a plane crash, with an occasional dash of immigration angst thrown in for variety. And, of course, breaking news on the Kardashians at any interval.

I'm about ready to cancel my cable television subscription. If I can't find news of incalculable global significance being covered, why am I paying good money for "news" stations?

No matter how the highly volatile situation unfolds, the outcome of what's happening right now in Egypt will affect the rest of all of our lives--probably our children's lives, also. Don't you think, as I do, that perhaps "journalists" might be able to figure that out?