Pages

Thursday, October 10, 2013

Occupy America? It's About Time

I've been following with special interest the stories of civil disobedience at our national parks.

That's OUR national parks. The parks belong to We the People, not to "the government." We pay for the parks out of our hard-earned tax dollars. The park personnel work for us. (As do the clowns in Washington D.C., heaven have mercy on us, but that's a different disgrace.)

When I read about citizens scaling gates, stepping over and under "Barrycades," and driving through orange cones, I have hope that some small spark of the USA I grew up in still exists. When I hear and read about the outrage caused by barring World War II veterans from their open-air memorial, I'm encouraged that enough people are waking up to the creeping tyranny that has surrounded us to make a difference in the tenor of the country.

Some are saying that the "Truckers Ride for the Constitution" scheduled for tomorrow is a hoax, but I'm skeptical. I think there's a lot more going on in the nation than the "officials" have a clue about. I'll be surprised if the Truckers for the Constitution don't "Occupy America" for the day.

It looks like everyday Americans from coast to coast are drawing some red lines of their own. It's about time.