- The Oscars telecast has outlived its entertainment value. When tennis players and congressional representatives are giving out awards, it's time to move on.
- The Russian collusion story makes me turn the channel--every time. (No link for this one.)
- If socialism is so wonderful, why are Venezuelans fleeing their wrecked homeland?
- I don't worry much about climate change, because didn't the "experts" tell us the world was supposed to be in ruins decades ago?
- The important news of the day is not always about President Trump. Sometimes it's about what he is actually getting done.
- Since my ancestors didn't arrive in the USA until the early 1900s, I'm not a fan of "reparations" for slavery.
- Pope Francis's "21 Proposals" to deal with sexual predators and their protectors really should be "One Rule"--You're out.
- A baby born alive deserves a shot at life. Just saying.
- The nation's problems are not always caused by racism. Sometimes they're caused by stupidity.
Wednesday, February 27, 2019
There's a lot going on in the news these days, and most of it is too exhausting to dwell on at any length. But below are some random thoughts on current events: