Pages

Sunday, October 24, 2004

Making an End

We're about ten days away from the election, and I think I speak for most of us when I say that I can't wait for it to be over.

In the movie "The Agony and The Ecstasy", Michelangelo is taking such a long time to complete the ceiling of the Sistine Chapel that the Pope whines, "When will you make an end?" Good question for election season. This particular campaign cycle does seem as though it's dragged on for years.

I've been following the polling data , and I think President Bush will win reelection. That, in itself, is not enough this year. The Democrats will most certainly challenge any type of close result. Therefore, I hope it's a blowout, a landslide victory for President Bush, simply because the thought of another "recount" trauma is too exhausting to contemplate. "If It's Not Close, They Can't Cheat" by Hugh Hewitt is required reading for any voter still on the fence.

We, as a nation, don't have time to fiddle around with recounts of any type. We need to stay focused on our mission, which is to win the global War on Terror as quickly and as decisively as possible. The country is at war. Our troops are in harm's way. Let's get the Commander-in-Chief reinstated for another four years and see that the job is done.

Let's do it, America. Let's make an end.