Pages

Wednesday, July 23, 2008

Always a Chuckle

...it's always a bad practice to say "always" or "never"...
~ Barack Obama, July 22, 2008, in Jordan


As always (oops), Obama expounds upon his imaginary accomplishments in a speech delivered in Israel:

Now, in terms of knowing my commitments, you don't have to just look at my
words, you can look at my deeds. Just this past week, we passed out of the U.S.
Senate Banking Committee, which is my committee, a bill to call for divestment
from Iran, as a way of ratcheting up the pressure to ensure that they don't
obtain a nuclear weapon.

Um, excuse me. Not only is the Banking Committee not "his" committee--Obama's not even a member. What was that again about "deeds," Senator?

Right now, a winning Republican strategy would be to keep the teleprompter in storage and let this megalogmaniac keep talking unplugged. Let Obama's highly entertaining, magical history tour go on and on. He's a gaffe a minute.