Pages

Sunday, June 27, 2021

A Year for St. Joseph

Since I've been watching Sunday mass online for a year and a quarter now, I'm behind the times on Church news. I just found out we're more than halfway through the Year of St. Joseph that was proclaimed in December 2020 by Pope Francis in his Apostolic Letter, Patris Corde. That title translates to "With a Father's Heart." 

The letter is a beautiful analysis of St. Joseph's many important roles, virtues and qualities. I wish I had learned about it in time for Father's Day, but better late than never.

St. Joseph was my father's favorite saint, and he's mine, too. I (almost) always say a quick St. Joseph prayer at bedtime. To celebrate the remainder of his officially designated year, I'll be spending a bit more time talking to the most significant dad in human history. It's been my experience that he's an attentive listener.