Pages

Thursday, December 08, 2022

Fireside on Fire

A couple of years ago, I signed up as a supporting member of Prager U. I'd heard Dennis Prager on the radio sporadically over the years. His mid-day radio show time clashed with my working hours, so I was only able to catch him on off days or in the car on the way to appointments. He always held my attention.

Prager is a very intelligent man. He is also very logical, experienced, interesting, and well-informed. Prager is also a conservative. This combination of positive traits is a lethal witch's brew to his left-wing enemies, who have been on a multi-year mission to destroy him. Many of his videos have been maligned, censored, and banned. His 5-Minute Videos on the Ten Commandments were particularly repugnant to the Lefties. In fact, the video about the commandment not to murder was banned from YouTube because it "discussed murder." How's that for an example of the critical thinking skills of the media giants managing our lives right now?

I joined Prager U because I think the work Dennis is doing is not only important, but necessary to preserve our way of American life. Prager U doesn't charge its viewers. The Fireside Chat is posted every Thursday, and I look forward to watching each of these 30-minute philosophical discussions of life, love, and our current social predicaments. Dennis Prager is almost always a genial, phlegmatic speaker. He is very rarely ruffled. 

Tonight he was on fire. In a departure from the show's usual format, he had as his guest the CEO of Prager U, Marissa Streit. She discussed with him the continuous malevolent efforts of the left-wing "fact checker" organization NewsGuard to take down not only Prager U, but all of its donors and supporters. Dennis was justifiably angry. Upon hearing what was happening to Prager U from NewsGuard's totalitarian lowlifes, I was angry, too.

Just to decide for yourself--while that's still an option in the USA--you should check out Prager U's website. There's a wealth of content there besides the Fireside Chat. I'm especially gratified by the children's content Prager has added in recent years.

In a cultural and societal war such as ours, Dennis Prager says there are three kinds of people: those who do nothing, those who fight, and those who support the fighters. He is fighting hard to keep America free. I'll do what I can to support him by keeping my monthly membership and donating additionally as I can. I signed the Prager U petition against NewsGuard, too. And you'll now find Prager U in my sidebar links. 

It's not much, but it's a start.

Dennis Prager