Pages

Wednesday, October 16, 2024

Shifting Seasons

Can I sail through the changin' ocean tides?
Can I handle the seasons of my life?



Early this month I began retirement. Leaving the working world was long planned for and anticipated, but there is a feeling of unreality to the event when it finally arrives. It is exciting, though, and quite fun--so far, so good.

It's delicious to wake up and not have to leap out of bed. I can loll for a while, listen to the news, and only get up when my internal coffee meter tells me it's time. There has been a lengthy round of festivities celebrating this new life chapter with family and friends, which has kept my days and nights wonderfully busy. Now there's upcoming travel and special occasions crowding the calendar.

So, I'll be taking a break from posting and hope to resume next month with reports of new adventures and experiences. After all, it's time to make way for a brand-new season.