Pages

Friday, January 22, 2021

A Long Four Years Ahead

 

One must be so careful about personal expression these days, I've been wondering how to even approach a new post. Is it worth continuing a "tip-toe" blog, where I'll need to agonize over every sentence for fear of the Thought Police swooping down upon me?

No, it's not. So I'm going to roll the dice and continue writing honestly. If the jack-booted lefties come to get me in the middle of the night, hopefully I can have someone let you know.

What did you do on Inauguration Day? That seems a fair question. I, for one, ignored it. That's right. I didn't consider this inauguration worthy of my time or attention, so I worked from home with my favorite music playing in the background. Oh, and I thanked my stars that I held onto all my CDs and an old boom box to listen on. Sorry, Google, Pandora, and iTunes, you weren't invited. Get used to it.

Since I have no cable TV anymore, I watch news on my laptop. In the evening, it was therapeutic fun to mute all the video clips of Biden talking. Of course, you can't avoid all of it, and I do want to be informed--but reading can do that. I don't need to hear him, and I'm simply not interested. Talk is cheap, Joe, as you've been proving for nearly 50 years. It's actions that count, and I've never been impressed with yours. You may surprise me in your current role; but based on the mess you've made in just two days, I doubt it. In fact, I fear that America is in for a long and tormented four years under a Biden administration.

Hmm, did I not use the title "president" when referring to Joe Biden? Well! Clumsy me.