Pages

Monday, May 24, 2021

Educated News

It's been a while since I recommended that you check in with Victor Davis Hanson on a regular basis. I think the present is a good time for a reminder.

VDH's website now contains an impressive array of audio, podcasts and interviews along with his incisive written works. Today's "Feet of Clay" article about Americans losing trust in our institutions is alarming in its truthfulness. If you want to be well informed about current events and hone your critical thinking skills in the process, check out the professor's online content. His podcast, The Classicist, is a healthy addiction for me. It's available at all the usual podcast sources as well as his website. I've linked to his Private Papers here, and you can also find this link in my homepage's sidebar. 

Over the years there have been edits to which websites I've linked to, but I'm proud that VDH has been included from the beginning. If you'd like to raise the quality of your news consumption up a notch--and these days, who doesn't?--give Dr. Hanson a try. He never makes an assertion that is not immediately backed up by hard facts and/or vivid examples. Fair warning: you'll find yourself being educated as much as informed.