Pages

Wednesday, August 17, 2022

Ready for Battle

With its anti-Catholic, anti-Rosary hit piece, The Atlantic has gone around the bend. Even for a left-wing publication, this is beyond the pale. The online blowback has been so swift and fierce that they keep tweaking the headline, which originally stated that the Rosary "became an extremist symbol" to "how extremist gun culture is trying to co-opt the Rosary."

Oh sure, we Rosary devotees are quite the right-wing, gun-crazed militants. I've been praying the Rosary almost every day for a dozen years, but I've never owned a gun or fired a shot. Try to square that circle, Lefties.

The Rosary is a contemplative, meditative series of prayers intended to focus the mind on the many mysteries in the life of Jesus Christ. Could anyone find a less violent subject for concentrated thought? You can get back to me on that.

Since beginning this wholesome habit of praying the Rosary, I have found myself more centered, calm, and aware of God's presence in my daily life. If such a mindset predisposes me to militant extremism, you'll have to prove it. Yes, the Rosary is often described as a "weapon." It is a weapon against evil, and it's meant to fortify goodness. No wonder the Communists have a problem with it.

Among the unintended condsequences the Atlantic article managed to accomplish is a rise in Rosary sales. God works in mysterious ways.

Below is a picture of my late mother's favorite Rosary beads. She owned quite an arsenal of Rosaries, some of them very beautiful. Such a radical revolutionary she was, that mother of mine! But these were her favorite because they had been a gift from her best friend, circa 1945. I remember them from my earliest memories. I now use them, often. More than 75 years of Rosaries have been prayed on these beads. You'll have to do the math on how many prayers that adds up to.

I also carry Mom's Rosary at all times, in my purse. These are my personal, concealed carry, high caliber assault Rosary beads. They are always ready for action. Godless hack writers, along with haters of all stripes, would be wise to stand down.