Pages

Sunday, January 15, 2023

Ready to Rumble

About a year ago, when I was trying to find a way to stream "forbidden" Internet content, I happened upon Rumble.com. Ever since then, my "Rumble stumble" has paid off brilliantly. I'm rumbling nearly every day to find what I have an impossible time finding elsewhere.

From Dennis Prager videos to commercial-free Fox News shows, if you can't find it on YouTube you can probably find it on Rumble. I happened to chance upon a Tucker Carlson Today show on Rumble last week and decided to watch it "for a few minutes." I was captivated for the entire hour.

The show is an in-depth interview with Rumble's founder and CEO, Chris Pavlovski. He is young, calm, thoughtful and measured in his comments, and incredibly smart. In this interview, Pavlovski details how he built his company literally by hand, and how he ensured that it will be impervious to the controlling talons of Big Tech.

Unlike the unfortunate social media startup, Parler, Rumble is not dependent on outside servers. Pavlovski and his team built an independent platform, a cloud-based service that allows those Internet contributors whose content has been censored and banished to have a safe haven to speak freely. That includes President Donald Trump's Truth Social site. 

"Fair and honest" is how Pavlovski describes Rumble's way of doing business to Tucker Carlson. In a year's worth of viewing shows and other content on Rumble, I have found that to be true.

Rumble's success proves it's true that one person can make a difference. I can't help but feel a rumble of hope for the future.