Pages

Saturday, February 24, 2024

"They" Is Stupid

This week I had a medical appointment. For a few years, the electronic (is there any other kind now?) check-in form has contained a series of questions about gender identity, pronouns, and preferences. I always ignore these questions. After checking "female," I don't see what else needs to be discussed, and I skip ahead to contact and insurance information.

When I received my post-visit summary from the doctor's office, it was difficult to read. Evidently, according to my health care organization, I'm no longer a "she"--I'm now a "they" or a "their." As a lover of the language, I find this incorrect usage quite offensive. I am only one person, a "she" or a "her;" I'm not a conglomerate of people. The content of the report was not written in English but rather in an ungrammatical dog's breakfast of tortured woke terminology. Since the "identity" portion of my form was left blank, they should revert to the first box checked--FEMALE, as it always has been--and assign pronouns accordingly. Don't presume to toss me into the "woke" grammatical garbage heap.

For nearly 40 years, I've been a patient of this particular health care entity. If they haven't ascertained by now that I'm a woman with the proper attendant pronouns, why am I trusting them with my health care?

The "woke" nonsense is beyond stupid. If all of us refused to play the idiotic pronoun game, I think it might die the natural death it deserves. But, if I have to soldier on in the minority resisting bad grammar for the sake of warped ideology, so be it. This woman is not playing this hand. They can just deal "they" out of wokeness.