Pages

Thursday, September 17, 2026

Beyond Bravery

Then I heard the voice of the Lord saying, “Whom shall I send, and who will go for us?” And I said, “Here am I; send me!”

~ Isaiah 6:8

I do remember the news story of the 2019 Islamist terrorist attack on a hotel in Nairobi, Kenya. But I knew nothing of the remarkable man behind the successful rescue of hundreds of innocent hostages. In Kenya's early efforts to organize a response to the attack, British special forces operator Christian Craighead went into harm's way alone.

Craighead's story is an incredible saga of epic courage. It is worth investing the time to watch the lengthy interview on The Shawn Ryan Show, Episode 339, to learn the details of what he accomplished on that terrifying day.

As frightening as the story is, it is equally chilling to learn of the United Kingdom's relentless efforts to silence Craighead. A highly decorated member of the British Special Air Service (SAS), he relates that he had to sell all his military service medals to pay his legal bills in Great Britain. During an early break in the interview, immediately before he began relating the events of the attack, Craighead received an email from the British government informing him that they have filed a legal injunction against him in the United States.

By any definition, this man is a hero. How could any country not be proud of such an individual? Who would want to prevent him telling his story, and why? One would need to ask the forces of evil those questions. As Christian and Shawn cover in their discussion, spiritual warfare is hard at work on the global stage. 

One of the rescued American hostages, Malee, appears during the interview to tell her story. She was trapped in her hotel room for 22 hours and is so thankful to be alive and so grateful to Christian for saving her life.

Shawn Ryan's interview with Christian Craighead has close to two million YouTube views in three days. I hope the count keeps going; everyone should watch it, especially young people. Craighead embodies all the good qualities our Western way of life has always needed to survive and thrive.

During Craighead's recounting of what happened on that day of terror, I was literally on the edge of my seat, so tense I ended up with a knot in the side of my neck. I had to laugh; Christian Craighead was sitting right there telling his story. Obviously, he survived. But the story is paralyzing in its intensity.

After doing some neck rolls, I went online and bought Craighead's book, One Man In. Last night when I ordered it, it was nowhere on Amazon's bestseller list. Today it's at #5.  Craighead makes several statements about the importance of "momentum" in battle. I'll do whatever I can to contribute to momentum for One Man In. At the risk of spoiling surprises, Christmas shopping isn't too far off. 


The interview is long and worth every minute.

Available on Amazon.com, barnesandnoble.com